CNC Table Operator and Fabricator
Title: CNC Table Operator and Fabricator - Full-Time (Permanent)
Sign Nation, located in Newmarket Ontario is a leading custom manufacturer of signs & architectural products, for businesses across Canada.
We are currently seeking a full-time CNC Table Operator responsible for the construction of signage and building custom projects.
The duties and responsibilities of the CNC Table Operator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operates and maintains CNC table router to produce accurate cuts of materials with minimal downtime;
- Works with metals, woods, and plastics to fabricate signage and builds custom projects to shop requirements and specifications;
- Participates in fabrication meetings;
- Completes wiring of lighting components for LED signage and related custom projects;
- Receives inventory deliveries, crosschecks delivery slips, and picks up materials from suppliers as needed;
- Experiments with fabrication techniques to improve current methods and procedures;
- Performs site checks and assists with installations as required to meet deadlines;
- Assists in weeding and masking to vinyl prep to properly apply to substrates;
- Maintains and organizes shop machinery, equipment, tools, hardware & materials; and
- Performs daily general shop cleanup procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum Three (3) years of hands-on experience in the custom fabrication industry;
- Extensive experience operating a CNC table router and other power tools;
- Thorough understanding of fabrication process techniques used to work with metals, plastics, and wood is required;
- Ability to read architectural and shop detail drawings;
- Electrical wiring knowledge, low voltage experience (lighting components for led, neon, and fluorescent lights);
- Knowledge of substrates and the appropriate uses and limitations;
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more;
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform work tasks with accuracy and care; and
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment. Sign Nation offers opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Sign Nation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.